2010年12月8日星期三

With only a few days left until the World Ironman replica brand watches Championship in Kona

With only a few days left until the World Ironman replica brand watches Championship in Kona, Hawaii, the excitement and pressure is mounting. But this pressure is only as much of a burden as you let it be. I try to see everything as a positive, and knowing that I am already triple World Champion brings with it a satisfaction, pride, and joy that far overshadows any last-minute nerves.

The most important thing for me now is to focus on rest and recovery and ensure that I have a mental and physical plan for race week, and race day. The moto of every good Boy Scout or Girl Guide rings true here: Always be prepared. Omega replica watches Preparation brings peace of mind, which breeds confidence and, hopefully, success! Here is a little window into my race week and race morning.In terms of training, I will reduce the volume by about 30 percent five days before the Big Dance, as we affectionately like to call it. So the Tuesday and Wednesday will include some race pace efforts to remind my body of what’s in store, and I take Thursday as a total rest day.

The day before the race I do 30 min. of each discipline. I make sure I ride my Cannondale Slice before midday so that I am able to address any last-minute Tag Heuer replica watches mechanical issues. As always, rest is vital, and I try and have at least 9 hours each night--getting as many hours before midnight as possible. Few athletes sleep well the night before a race, so I accept this and don’t panic if I can’t seem to knock out the zzzzzzs. I try to concentrate on relaxing my mind even if I cannot drop into a slumber. I always have a gentle massage on the penultimate day.